Fudgy Chocolate Cappuccino Cookies. Sound decadent, don’t they? Believe it or not, I found these in the Taste of Home Guilt-Free Cookbook at 60 calories each!
These cookies are small, (a little larger than half-dollar size) but deliver a fudgy, chocolaty, coffee-y (?) flavor that was eye-rollingly tasty. They’re simple to throw together and only take 5-6 minutes to bake. You don’t want to bake them any longer than that so they’ll stay soft and delicious.
Although they’re deceptively plain looking, pair a couple of them with cold milk and your chocolate craving will be fulfilled. The coffee flavor is pleasantly bold, but not overpowering. All this at 60 calories and 1 gram of fat each. Whaaaa?
These little Fudgy Chocolate Cappuccino Cookies will be made in my little kitchen a lot in the future. You’ve got to watch it, though. Even though they’re low in calories, it’s easy to pop four or five of them in your mouth before you know it. Try these little cookies – I think you’ll be pleased.
- 1 tbsp instant coffee
- 1 tbsp hot water
- 1 egg white
- 3/4 C plus 1 tbsp sugar, divided
- 1/4 C canola oil
- 2 tbsp corn syrup
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 1 1/4 C all-purpose flour
- 1/2 C baking cocoa
- 1/4 tsp salt
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- In a small bowl, dissolve coffee granules in hot water. In a mixing bowl, combine the egg white, 3/4 cup of the sugar, oil, corn syrup, vanilla and coffee. Beat until well blended and turns pale brown in color (3-4 minutes).
- Combine the flour, cocoa, and salt in a small bowl and gradually add to the coffee mixture. The dough will be rather sticky.
- Shape into 1" ball. Place about 2 inches apart on an ungreased (or parchment papered) cookie sheet. Sprinkle each cookie with sugar and lightly press the cookie into about a 1/4" thick round. Bake for 5-6 minutes.
- Cookies will not look done, but don't bake them any longer or they'll burn on the bottom. Remove to a wire rack to cool
Tips and Stuff:
The dough is fairly sticky, but roll them into a ball as much as you can.
After you press down on the cookie to make it 1/4" thick, you can sprinkle the tops again with a little more sugar.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 24 Serving Size: 1 cookie
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 60Total Fat: 1gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 28mgCarbohydrates: 8gFiber: 1gSugar: 2gProtein: 1g
Nutrition Values are Approximate