I previously posted a wonderful Fudgy Peanut Butter Pie that is like a thick peanut-buttery mousse pie with chocolate drizzles (mmmm). I love that pie, but I do believe this Chocolate Peanut Butter Pie is my favorite between the two. Depends on what you're in the mood for!
This peanut butter pie has Butterfinger-like crumbles on the bottom of the chocolate pudding pie and also sprinkled on top. It's hard to tell from this photo, but after the top sets up it turns a buttery caramel color and tastes just like the candy bar.
I'm generous with the crumble because I really like it, especially on the bottom part.
It was really tough to get a good picture of the pie - mainly because we kept taking fork-fulls during the photo session. The pie kept getting smaller and smaller and finally I just snapped the shot below real quick before it disappeared.
We love that smooth chocolate middle along with those sweet peanut-buttery crumbles! The combination is perfect.
This is fairly easy to throw together. Just be sure you give it enough time to set up in the refrigerator so it won't be even more messy than this pic! Messy, but oh so good.
Your family would be ever so pleased if you would make this Chocolate Peanut Butter Pie. So would you!
Chocolate Peanut Butter Pie
One of my favorite peanut butter pies. I could eat that crumble alone for a snack!
- 1 deep-dish frozen pie shell, (or make your own)
- ¾ C powdered sugar
- 6 tablespoon smooth peanut butter
- 1 small box of instant chocolate pudding pie mix
- 1 ¾ C Milk
- 1 tub, (8 oz.) extra-creamy Cool Whip
- Preheat oven according to pie crust instructions.
- Prick the bottom of the pie shell with a fork and bake it for 10-12 minutes or until golden brown as indicated on the pie package. Cool for 10-15 minutes.
- Sift the powdered sugar into a small bowl and add the peanut butter - stir with a fork until crumbly.
- In another small bowl, mix the pudding pie mix with the milk. Refrigerate for 5 minutes.
- Sprinkle one-half of the peanut butter mixture evenly over the baked pie shell. Pour the pudding on top and then spread with the Cool Whip. Sprinkle the top with the rest of the peanut butter mixture.
- Refrigerate for 2 to 4 hours until fairly set. Keep leftovers refrigerated.
Use a bit less milk if you want a firmer, less creamy pie.
Be generous with the bottom crumbles. The more the better after the pie sets up!
Nutrition Information:Yield: 10 Serving Size: 1 grams
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 206Total Fat: 9gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 5gCholesterol: 4mgSodium: 159mgCarbohydrates: 28gFiber: 1gSugar: 13gProtein: 5g
Nutrition Values are Approximate
[…] with a creamy cream cheese peanut butter filling and fudgy bottom layer. The second being a simple Chocolate Peanut Butter Pie layered with a wonderful peanut butter crumble. Both are great in their own […]