Over the years, I’ve experimented with many, many peanut butter pies since it’s one of Bret’s favorite desserts.
Two very different ones took top honors. One being this easy Fudgy Peanut Butter Pie recipe with a creamy cream cheese peanut butter filling and fudgy bottom layer. The second is a simple Chocolate Peanut Butter Pie layered with a wonderful peanut butter crumble. Both are great in their own way!
I made this one to take to the Super Bowl game watching party at my sister-in-law’s and it was well-received with thumbs up all around. Bret said I could increase the fudge layer, but I thought the proportions were spot on.
I didn’t get a very good photo of it because we had pretty well massacred it by noon the next day, but you can see the different layers:
After the wonderful appetizers, ribs and soup at the get together, it was tough to stuff a piece of this one in, but somehow I managed it. Now I remember why I don’t make it very often – it’s hard to put the fork down!
Oh, and I’ll post the second peanut butter pie later this year after we recover from this one…..
- 1 cooked pie shell, cooled
- 8 oz. cream cheese, softened
- 1 C. smooth peanut butter
- 1 C. powdered sugar
- 8 oz. cool whip
- 3/4 C. hot fudge sauce
- 3 tbsp. semisweet chocolate chips, melted
- In a medium bowl, mix the cream cheese, peanut butter and powdered sugar together until smooth. Add the cool whip and mix until well-blended.
- Spoon the hot fudge sauce into the bottom of the cooled pie shell. Pour the peanut butter mixture carefully onto top the chocolate and smooth out the top with a spoon.
- Melt the chocolate chips and drizzle over the top of the pie. Refrigerate at least 4 hours before serving.
Tips and Stuff:
You could lighten this up with Neufchatel cream cheese and Cool Whip lite and it would still taste very good.
I use the thick hot fudge sauce (Smucker's), not the thin syrupy kind.
Sprinkle chopped peanuts on top for a little extra "pretty."
Nutrition Information:Yield: 12 Serving Size: 1 slice
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 408Total Fat: 26gSaturated Fat: 12gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 11gCholesterol: 19mgSodium: 253mgCarbohydrates: 40gFiber: 2gSugar: 26gProtein: 8g
Nutrition Values are Approximate