We watch almost every race there is on Memorial Day Weekend - Formula 1, Formula 2, Indy 500, and Nascar 600 - and I was looking for a quick and easy snack to take to a race-watching party.
I've made these Ranch Oyster Crackers in the past and they're always gobbled up really quickly. These crackers are crunchy, salty and tangy and perfect for a grab-me party snack.
My friend was dipping them in a bacon sour cream dip and loving them!
You could use different seasonings, too, for a change, like a packet of taco seasoning or dry Italian dressing in place of the ranch flavor.
Watch out, though. They're addictive!
- 1 pkg dry Hidden Valley Ranch Dressing
- ¼ C canola or vegetable oil
- 1 bag (9 oz) unsalted oyster crackers
- ¼ teaspoon garlic salt
- Preheat the oven to 250°. In a small bowl, stir together the ranch dressing and oil. Put the oyster crackers in a large plastic ziplock bag and pour the dressing mix over the crackers. Seal and shake the bag until all crackers are lightly coated.
- Put parchment paper or aluminum foil on a baking sheet and spread out coated crackers evenly into one layer.
- Sprinkle with garlic salt. Bake the crackers for 10 minutes, then stir lightly. Bake another 5 minutes. Remove from oven and let cool on the pan. Store in a tightly sealed container.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 5 cups Serving Size: ½ cup
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 127Total Fat: 14gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 10gCholesterol: 1mgSodium: 137mgCarbohydrates: 1gFiber: 0gSugar: 0gProtein: 0g
Nutrition Values are Approximate