We were ready for a good thick, chewy cookie and I found this Double Chocolate Peanut Chip Cookies recipe that fit the bill. That wasn’t the original name for the cookie, but I changed the name to fit the ingredients I put in them.
They’re chocolate peanut butter cookies with chocolate chips and peanuts, so that’s the best name I could come up with!
I highly recommend these cookies, but a word of warning – only bake them 12 minutes. Since they’re chocolate cookies, it’s hard to tell when they’re done and the bottoms burn after 12 minutes. The recipe said to bake them 12-15 minutes and I tried 14, 13, and then finally 12 minutes, which was perfect.
Double Chocolate Peanut Chip Cookies are extra large, chewy and thick with dry-roasted peanuts and chocolate chips in every bite. We really like them and would make them for any occasion or just for every day snacking.
- 1/2 C .butter, softened
- 1/2 C shortening
- 1 C smooth peanut butter
- 1 C granulated sugar
- 1 C firmly packed brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 C all-purpose flour
- 1/3 C unsweetened cocoa, sifted
- 1 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 C dry-roasted peanuts
- 1 (11.5 to 12 oz.) bag chocolate chips or chocolate chunks
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Beat butter and shortening at medium speed with an electric mixer until creamy; add peanut butter and sugars, beating well. Add eggs, beating until well combined.
- Combine flour and next 4 ingredients. Add to butter mixture, beating well. Stir in peanuts and chocolate chips.
- Shape dough into 2" balls (about 2 tbsp.) Flatten slightly, and place on ungreased baking sheets. Bake for 12 minutes. Cool on pan 2 minutes, then remove to a wire rack to cool completely.
You can use chunky peanut butter, but I think smooth is better since you also add the dry-roasted peanuts.
This calls for 2" round dough balls and make fairly large cookies. Again, only bake for 12 minutes or they'll burn on the bottom.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 36 Serving Size: 1 cookie
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 193Total Fat: 12gSaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 6gCholesterol: 19mgSodium: 159mgCarbohydrates: 20gFiber: 1gSugar: 12gProtein: 4g
Nutrition Values are Approximate