Since citrus season is still going strong, I'm looking for an entree that uses flavorful, fresh lemon juice. This Chicken in Lemon Marinade is in the All-Time Favorites Southern Living Cookbook (2009) and I knew it would showcase the lemons.
I halved the ingredients to use only 2 chicken breasts and slightly modified the marinade to use what I have in the spice cabinet.
This chicken is as good as it looks! It's tender and moist (sorry "moist" haters) and delicious. The marinade is just perfect on these chicken breasts.
I used Cholula hot sauce which is a little milder and more flavorful than Tabasco.
Serve this Chicken in Lemon Marinade with a side of steamed broccoli and your favorite glass of white wine then congratulate yourself on eating something healthy!
Since I always have fresh lemons on hand, we'll make this again on a regular basis.
Chicken In Lemonade Marinade
Tasty broiled chicken breast with a wonderful lemon marinade.
- ⅓ C canola oil
- ¼ C freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 ½ teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- ⅛ teaspoon hot sauce, (I used Cholula)
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 boneless, , skinless chicken breasts
- Whisk together the first eight ingredients. Set aside ¼ cup for basting.
- Place chicken in a zip-lock freezer bag and pour the remaining lemon mixture over it. Seal the bag and refrigerate for 2 hours, turning chicken occasionally.
- Turn oven to Broil. Remove chicken from the bag, discarding marinade.
- Place the chicken onto a lightly greased rack over a broiler pan. Broil about 7 inches from heat 8-10 minutes on each side or until tender, basting frequently with the reserved ¼ cup of lemon juice mixture.
Since my broiler is under the oven, my chicken was a little less than 7 inches from the fire and 9 minutes on each side was perfect.
Don't forget to baste.
Take the chicken out a minute before you think it's done. Put it under tented aluminum and let sit for 3-4 minutes and it will finish cooking and be very moist.
You can easily double the recipe for up to 6 chicken breasts.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 2 Serving Size: 1 chicken breast
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 531Total Fat: 41gSaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 36gCholesterol: 102mgSodium: 728mgCarbohydrates: 4gFiber: 0gSugar: 1gProtein: 38g
Nutrition Values are Approximate
Leave a Reply