Chocolate Walnut Spice Cookies - warm spices, crunchy walnuts, and pockets of chocolate chips.
Unique little cookies that are quick and easy because they start with cake mix. I usually make sweets from scratch, but I'll make an exception for these!
Fast and Easy Steps to make Chocolate Walnut Spice Cookies:
- Blend the cake mix, oil and eggs together.
- Add the chocolate chips and nuts to the batter.
- Roll the dough into 1 ½" balls and bake!
These cookies are best completely cooled. They're sweet, so go beautifully with hot tea or coffee.
You can use any kind of nut and any kind of cake mix you'd like. The cookies end up soft and a little puffy, but moist and nicely cracked on top. They'll be nice any time of the year, but will be especially nice on holiday plates for family and friends.
If you want a convenient, quick, and tasty cookie, Chocolate Walnut Spice Cookies are a great one to make. Keep them handy for the kiddos that run in and out of the kitchen looking for a snack.
Tips for Cake Mix Cookie Flavor Combinations:
- Chocolate cake mix with chocolate chips and pecans
- Vanilla cake mix with white chocolate chips and macadamia nuts
- Coconut cake mix with chocolate chips and almonds (hello Almond Joy...!)
Use your imagination or let the kids choose the flavors. They're inexpensive to make and are rather tasty, too.
- 1 box cake mix (usually 15 to 18 oz boxes)
- ½ C canola oil
- 2 large eggs,
- 1 C (6 oz) chocolate chips
- ½ C chopped walnuts
- Preheat oven to 350° and line cookie sheets with parchment paper.
- In a stand mixing bowl, combine the cake mix, oil and eggs and mix well until completely combined. Add the chocolate chips and walnuts and mix for 30 more seconds.
- Roll dough into 1 ½" balls, place on the cookie sheet and bake for 9-12 minutes. They will only be lightly browned, so don't over cook.
- Remove cookies to a rack to cool completely. Store in a sealed container for 3-4 days.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 42 Serving Size: 1 cookie
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 86Total Fat: 4gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 9mgSodium: 98mgCarbohydrates: 11gFiber: 0gSugar: 5gProtein: 1g