Huzzah! I finally bought the new 2019 Joy of Cooking and have been pouring over the thousands of recipes it includes.
It's a phenomenal, all-encompassing cookbook and the first recipe I've tagged to make is this Tangy Black Bean Dip.
Every year we go to a Super Bowl party and I'm always looking for something different to take.
This dip is unintentionally vegan and is so very delicious.
The 'tangy' comes from the vinegar and then you have creamy black beans, spices, and top it off with cilantro. All my faves!
The difficulty level of Tangy Black Bean Dip is about 1 out of 10. Or really negative 1 out of 10, so all recipe cowards can definitely make this one. Get all of the ingredients, dump them in a food processor (or blender) and process for about a minute until smooth. Can't get much easier!
You can adjust the seasonings and heat however you'd like. I only used half a jalapeno since it was huge and super hot. This dip is very versatile.
Next time I'll cut the vinegar by ½ teaspoon (already noted in the recipe) just because his Majesty said it was a little too tangy for him. I kind of like it that way.
Pita chips or tortilla chips are best with this dip. I tried some of the new Ritz Cracker chips with it and they're a little too sweet for the savory dip flavor. I'm looking forward to taking this lip-smacking Tangy Black Bean Dip to our big Super Bowl party!
Tangy Black Bean Dip
Slightly adapted from the new Joy of Cooking (2019) cookbook. Creamy, spicy and delicious.
- 15 oz. can of black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 ¾ tablespoon white vinegar
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 teaspoon tomato paste
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon cumin
- ¼ teaspoon chipotle powder
- Put all of the ingredients except the cilantro in a food processor and blend until smooth, about 1 minute. Scrape down the sides of the bowl and process for a few seconds more.
- Sprinkle with chopped cilantro, or have a little cup of chopped cilantro beside the dip when serving.
- Store in the refrigerator with plastic wrap before you serve it, or if you have leftovers. Serve with pita chips or tortilla chips.
Tips and Stuff:
If you have cilantro haters, just put it beside the dip when serving. It's really better with the cilantro, I think.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 10 Serving Size: 1 serving
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 71Total Fat: 2gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 1gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 120mgCarbohydrates: 11gFiber: 4gSugar: 0gProtein: 4g
Nutrition Values are Approximate
Leave a Reply