If you're looking for a last minute addition to your Easter brunch or lunch, I highly recommend this Balsamic Roasted Asparagus with Garlic and Parmesan.
I love asparagus, if it's cooked correctly, and this roasted garlic is absolutely perfect. It's tossed with a bit of olive oil, balsamic vinegar and Parmesan, then roasted and sprinkled lightly with lemon juice.
It's savory, tangy and delicious. It's the best asparagus can be and that's high praise from an asparagus lover like me!
This would go great with ham, chicken, beef or lamb, or it would stand on its own on vegetable-only night. Since it's asparagus season, we'll be having this often!
I went to the store last week and asparagus was on sale - buy one package and get the second free. That would be fine, but each package has about 15 stalks in it and I'm not sure we could eat that much before it goes bad!
Make this Balsamic Roasted Asparagus with Garlic and Parmesan while it's still asparagus season and you can get the good stuff. Remember - no canned asparagus - ever!
- 1 bunch fresh asparagus, trimmed
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 ½ tablespoon olive oil
- ½ teaspoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 ½ tablespoon freshly grated Parmesan
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoon lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 400°.
- In a shallow container, toss the asparagus, salt, pepper, olive oil, balsamic vinegar, 1 tablespoon of the Parmesan cheese, and garlic, until well coated.
- Place nonstick aluminum foil on a baking sheet and arrange the asparagus in a single layer. Sprinkle with the remaining ½ tablespoon Parmesan Cheese.
- Roast in the preheated oven for 10-12 minutes, turning the asparagus once halfway through. Place on serving platter and sprinkle with lemon juice. Serve immediately.
Tips and Stuff:
Check on the asparagus after 10 minutes and make sure it doesn't burn. Roasting times will vary according to how thick the asparagus is - mine was quite thick and took 12 minutes.
If you don't have nonstick aluminum foil, just use regular and turn one more time during cooking.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1 serving
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 56Total Fat: 6gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 2mgSodium: 326mgCarbohydrates: 1gFiber: 0gSugar: 0gProtein: 1g
Nutrition Values are Approximate