These Caramel and Chocolate Dipped Marshmallows are so clever.
I love all of the components - caramel, chocolate, marshmallows, and you eat them with a stick like a decadent marshmallow pop! What could better?
They're easy to make, but take a little patience dipping the caramel, letting it set, then dipping into the melted chocolate and rolling in whatever floats your boat (my boat was floated by red, white and green nonpareils).
They would also be good rolled in chopped pecans, almonds, or even crushed peppermint. It's a wonderful two-bite dessert that you'll love. And so pretty!
I wished I'd known about Caramel and Chocolate Dipped Marshmallows years ago years ago. I definitely would have been making them for all kinds of occasions. They're easy to grab and go, so are perfect for parties.
I love the crisp chocolate, gooey caramel and soft marshmallow combination, and the nonpareils give it a little crunch. Oh, so good and a little bit addictive.
Caramel and Chocolate Dipped Marshmallows
Outstanding little two-bite sized dessert. Sweet and chewy.
- 1 bag large marshmallows
- 1 large bag, (16 oz.) caramels
- 2 tablespoon evaporated milk or half-and-half
- 1 bag chocolate coating disks, (or package of dipping chocolate of your choice)
- 6 " pop sticks
- Line a cookie sheet with waxed paper and lightly spray with Pam or a light layer of room temperature butter. Wipe off excess.
- Put a pop stick straight down into each marshmallow. Melt caramel with milk over a double boiler and roll each marshmallow in it. Place each caramel covered marshmallow on the waxed paper. Refrigerate for about 30 minutes (or in the freezer for about 15 minutes).
- Melt the dipping chocolate either in a large bowl in the microwave or over the double boiler.
- Dip and roll each marshmallow completely in the chocolate. Before the chocolate on the marshmallows sets, roll in or sprinkle with your choice of coating and place on the waxed paper to set.
- Let harden at room temperature. May be stored at room temperature.
I tipped the caramel pan to the side while I was rolling the marshmallows in the caramel. It's easier than dipping straight down into the pan. I did the same with the chocolate.
Don't forget to grease the waxed paper or the caramel will stick badly to it. You can use nonstick aluminum foil sprayed also.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 35 Serving Size: 1 pop
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 30Total Fat: 0gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 3mgCarbohydrates: 7gFiber: 0gSugar: 7gProtein: 0g
Nutrition Values are Approximate
Leave a Reply