I'm the world's biggest summer peach fan, so I wanted to post a quick recipe that I make during peach season!
This is a breakfast bagel that has grain, dairy and fruit. Top it off with a cup of coffee or tea and you've got a tasty and filling breakfast.
I think strawberries or blueberries would work on it, too (without the cinnamon on those fruits). Use whatever sweet summer fruit you have around!
I made this one with a full-sized bagel, but you could use the thin-sliced, lower calorie bagels, too. I also used Neufchatel (⅓ fat) cream cheese and sprinkled a little Truvia on it.
Peachy Breakfast Bagel
Yield: 1 serving
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 5 minutes
Total Time: 5 minutes
Filling, delicious and quick breakfast.
- 1 bagel, cut in half
- 2 tablespoon cream cheese
- 1 fresh, juicy peach, diced
- 2 teaspoon sugar
- ⅛ teaspoon cinnamon
- Turn on broiler.
- In the toaster, toast the bagel until dark golden brown (this will give it the firm texture to hold up to the cream cheese and fruit).
- Spread cream cheese on the bagel and sprinkle the chopped peach on top.
- Mix the sugar and cinnamon together and sprinkle lightly over the bagel.
Slide under the broiler for 3 to 3 ½ minutes until thoroughly heated.
- With a spatula, carefully remove the bagel and enjoy. If your peach is juicy and sweet, you can omit the sugar sprinkle.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 1 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 470Total Fat: 11gSaturated Fat: 6gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 26mgSodium: 525mgCarbohydrates: 82gFiber: 4gSugar: 33gProtein: 14g
Nutritional values are approximate.
Leave a Reply