I’m the world’s biggest summer peach fan, so I wanted to post a quick recipe that I make during peach season!
This is a breakfast bagel that has grain, dairy and fruit. Top it off with a cup of coffee or tea and you’ve got a tasty and filling breakfast.
I think strawberries or blueberries would work on it, too (without the cinnamon on those fruits). Use whatever sweet summer fruit you have around!
- 1 bagel, cut in half
- 2 tbsp cream cheese
- 1 fresh, juicy peach, diced
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 1/8 tsp cinnamon
- Turn on broiler.
- In the toaster, toast the bagel until dark golden brown (this will give it the firm texture to hold up to the cream cheese and fruit).
- Spread cream cheese on the bagel and sprinkle the chopped peach on top.
- Mix the sugar and cinnamon together and sprinkle lightly over the bagel.
Slide under the broiler for 3 to 3 1/2 minutes until thoroughly heated.
- With a spatula, carefully remove the bagel and enjoy. If your peach is juicy and sweet, you can omit the sugar sprinkle.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 1 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 486Total Fat: 11gSaturated Fat: 6gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 26mgSodium: 525mgCarbohydrates: 86gFiber: 4gSugar: 37gProtein: 14g
Nutritional values are approximate.