These Chewy Chocolate Cookies are simple and delicious – very chocolatey. They’re thin, chewy and a cross between a cookie and a thin brownie.
- 1 ¼ C butter or margarine, softened
- 2 C sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 2 C unsifted all-purpose flour
- ¾ C cocoa
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 C finely chopped nuts, (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Cream butter and sugar in large mixer bowl. Add eggs and vanilla; blend well.
- Combine flour, cocoa, baking soda and salt; blend into creamed mixture. Stir in nuts, if desired.
- Drop by tsp-full onto ungreased cookie sheet. Bake for 8 to 9 minutes (do not overbake – cookies will be soft). They will puff during baking, and flatten upon cooling.
- Cool on cookie sheet until set, about 1 minute; remove to wire rack to cool completely.
Tips and Stuff:
I don't use nuts, but they would be good in this - pecans, almonds, even macadamia would be great!
Easy and quick recipe, but delicious. They really are best the first day they're made.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 48 Serving Size: 1 cookie
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 119Total Fat: 7gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 20mgSodium: 99mgCarbohydrates: 14gFiber: 1gSugar: 9gProtein: 2g
Nutrition Values are Approximate