Occasionally, well more than occasionally, we crave something chocolate so I pulled these cookies from a Pinterest pin that’s been in my pile-‘o-pins forever.
These Fudgy Chocolate Chunk Cookies started out as a frosted cookie, but they’re so rich and delicious that I decided against the frosting.
You’ll remember the wonderful Flourless Fudgy Chocolate Cookies and Chewy Chocolate Cookies, and the many great chocolate chip cookie recipes I’ve posted, but these special cookies are one of the best! Rich, chewy and intensely chocolate, tender and perfect.
You want to slightly under bake these to get the chewiness. Think the best brownies you’ve ever had in chewy cookie form. Oh, and be sure and have enough cold milk standing by.
These cookies are indulgent, but you’re definitely worth it. Fudgy Chocolate Chunk Cookies are possibly the best cookie I’ve had in a very long time!
One more pic to make sure you can see how glorious these are…
- 2 1/2 C. all-purpose flour
- 2/3 C. Dutch process cocoa
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1 C. butter, softened
- 1 tsp. instant coffee granules
- 3/4 C. sugar
- 2/3 C. packed brown sugar
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 2 tsp. evaporated milk
- 2 eggs
- 11.5 oz. semisweet chocolate chunks
- Preheat the oven to 350°. Prepare cookie sheets with parchment paper.
- Combine the flour, cocoa, baking soda and salt in a bowl and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, mix butter, instant coffee granules, white sugar, and brown sugar until creamy. Add the vanilla and evaporated milk. Drop in eggs, one at a time, blending well.
- Add the flour 1/2 cup at a time and beat until all ingredients are mixed in well. (Batter is thick.). Stir in the chocolate chunks.
- Roll into tablespoon-sized balls and place 2" apart on the cookie sheets. Bake for 10-11 minutes. Cookie will be puffy, but will flatten upon cooling. Cool on cookie sheet while preparing the second cookie sheet, then move to a rack to cool completely.
- Store in a tightly sealed container for up to 3 days. Like they'll last that long...
Tips and Stuff:
Batter will be very stiff. Don't refrigerate between batches.
Don't over bake. You want them to have chewy middles and a slightly crunchy rim.
Man, these cookies are terrific.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 40 Serving Size: 1 cookie
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 144Total Fat: 8gSaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 22mgSodium: 88mgCarbohydrates: 19gFiber: 1gSugar: 11gProtein: 2g
Nutrition Values are Approximate