We still have a couple of quarts(!) of Frank’s Buffalo Sauce left from a Costco trip late last year, so I’m always looking for unique recipes to use that stuff up.
Don’t get me wrong – I love Frank’s and buffalo wings with the best of them. I can’t count how many times I’ve made buffalo chicken soft tacos, which I love, but the ole’ tummy starts wanting something a little more soothing.
Every time I use a pin from one of my boards, I feel like I’m not wasting my time surfing Pinterest, even though somewhere in the back of my little brain I know it’s a time-wasting black hole.
Buffalo Cream Cheese Chicken has very few ingredients – just chicken, cream cheese, cheddar cheese and hot sauce – is easy to throw together, and only takes about 30 minutes to bake. Since it’s getting warmer outside, I appreciate having the oven on for such a short time.
We bought a 10 pound bag of huge boneless skinless chicken breasts, so I usually pound just one to about 1/2 inch and we share it.
Since we only use one breast, I halved the recipe to the amounts below and we had plenty of sauce left over to dab onto the mashed potatoes. I also added a few baby carrots for a little crunch.
If you don’t like spicy stuff with quite a kick, don’t make this! Just sayin’.
I love the combination of Frank’s and the cream cheese, and the cheddar melted nicely to give the dish a little crust after baking. I thought it was really good and Bret enjoyed it, too.
The mashed potatoes on the side mellowed out the heat a little bit.
I’ll definitely make this easy Buffalo Cream Cheese Chicken again.
- 4 oz softened cream cheese
- 1/2 C shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/4 C Frank's Buffalo sauce
- 1 huge or 2 regular-sized boneless, , skinless chicken breasts
- Preheat the oven to 350°.
- In a small bowl, combine the cream cheese, 1/4 C. cheddar cheese and buffalo sauce. Stir together until fully combined.
- Pound the chicken breast(s) until about 1/2" thick and place in a baking dish. Spread the cheese mixture evenly over the chicken. Sprinkle the remaining 1/4 C. cheddar cheese on top of the chicken.
- Bake, uncovered around 30-35 minutes until chicken is done (about 165° with meat thermometer).
Tips and Stuff:
I used 1/3 less fat Neufchatel and it worked fine - tasted great.
If you double this, use 4 regular-sized boneless, skinless chicken breasts. There will be plenty of sauce.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 2 Serving Size: 1 serving
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 514Total Fat: 33gSaturated Fat: 18gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 11gCholesterol: 187mgSodium: 1205mgCarbohydrates: 5gFiber: 0gSugar: 3gProtein: 47g
Nutrition Values are Approximate